View presentation on HealthMatters Program YouTube Playlist
Date and time: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 1:00 pm CDT
Duration: 1 hour 2 minutes
Handouts: PowerPoint Presentation-Donna Martin; Impact of COVID-19 on Organizations Serving Individuals with IDD
Overview: This presentation will provide an overview of the April 2020 American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR) survey results documenting the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on their members. Current issues, strategies being used, and best practices will be discussed.
- review impact of COVID-19 pandemic on service lines staffing within community organizations;
- identify current issues and challenges for organizations supporting people with IDD; and,
- discuss best practices for organizational viability.
Presenter: Donna Martin has worked in the field of providing supports and services to people with developmental disabilities for over 30 years. She began as a weekend DSP while in college and over time, she has held positions at every level of service provision. Most recently, Donna had been serving as the Executive Director of Community Provider Network of Rhode Island for the past fourteen years. CPNRI is an association of twenty-two member agencies that provide supports and services to children and adults with developmental disabilities. Donna is a long-standing member of ANCOR and most recently has served as the State Association Executives’ representative to the Board of Directors. Donna has a BA from Providence College and a M.Ed. from Rhode Island College. She is also a graduate of Leadership RI – Epsilon II, Class of 2009.
COVID-19 Webinar Series is presented by the HealthMatters Program, Department of Disability and Human Development, College of Applied Health Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago with continued partnership with Project SEARCH, a leader in securing competitive employment for people with disabilities based at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and with Aspire an Illinois organization providing services to children and adults with developmental disabilities, their families and their communities.
- There is no cost for these webinars.
- CEUs are not offered for these webinars.
- Webinars and materials will be recorded and archived on YouTube.
- For disability accommodations email Jasmina Sisirak (email@example.com) at least 10 days before the webinars.