- Press Packet (http://www.survivalcoalitionwi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/SurvivalCoalition_PressPacket_COVIDsurvey_042220-1.pdf)
- Press release (https://arcwi.org/2020/04/30/over-30-groups-file-amicus-brief-in-wisconsin-regarding-heightened-covid-19-risks-to-people-with-disabilities-older-adults/)
- Amicus Brief (http://thearc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/FINAL-Amicus-Brief-Wisconsin-Legislature-v-Andrea-Palm.pdf)
- Medical Rationing (https://arcwi.org/content/uploads/sites/17/2020/04/SurvivalCoalitionComments_Medical-Rationing-041320202.pdf)
- Provider Survey Press Release (http://www.survivalcoalitionwi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Provider-survey-findings_0520-002.pdf)
- Guidance on Re-opening During COVID-19 pandemic in ways that protect people with disabilities and older adults (http://www.survivalcoalitionwi.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/SurvivalCoalition_ReOpeningHCBSLTCServices_052620_FINAL.pdf)
- About The Arc and the Center for Future Planning® (https://futureplanning.thearc.org)
- Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRC) (https://acl.gov/programs/aging-and-disability-networks/aging-and-disability-resource-centers)
- FIND YOUR ADRC (https://eldercare.acl.gov/Public/Index.aspx)
Overview: Wisconsin’s Survival Coalition of Wisconsin Disability Organizations has been an active alliance in analyzing statewide COVID-19 policies that impact people with disabilities and advocating for change and improvement where necessary at the state level. From first highlighting the risks to people with disabilities through an amicus brief to the state supreme court, to later guiding state and local reopening policies, the coalition and its members are attempting to stay ahead of critical COVID-19 issues that are impacting people with disabilities, families and the providers who serve them.
- Review impact of COVID–19 pandemic on state level policies;
- Identify current issues and challenges for organizations supporting people with IDD; and,
- Discuss best practices for organizational viability during COVID–19 pandemic.
Presenter: Lisa Pugh, Executive Director of The Arc Wisconsin has worked for the disability community for years and has been leading The Arc Wisconsin since December 2016. Previously she served as Public Policy Director for Disability Rights Wisconsin. She was appointed by President Obama to the President’s Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities. Lisa is also the co-chair of Governor Tony Evers’ Task Force on Caregiving which is addressing issues impacting more than a half a million family caregivers in Wisconsin. She is the parent of an adult daughter with I/DD.
COVID-19 Webinar Series is presented by the HealthMatters Program, Department of Disability and Human Development, College of Applied Health Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago with continued partnership with Project SEARCH, a leader in securing competitive employment for people with disabilities based at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and with Aspire an Illinois organization providing services to children and adults with developmental disabilities, their families and their communities.
- There is no cost for these webinars.
- CEUs are not offered for these webinars.
- Webinars and materials will be recorded and archived on YouTube.
- For disability accommodations email Jasmina Sisirak (email@example.com) at least 10 days before the webinars.