Empower people with disabilities to achieve health goals (Evidence-based).
- Train-the-trainer workshop
- 12-week health promotion program
Improve health behaviors and health status of people with IDD.
- Psychosocial and physiological health status
- Knowledge and self-efficacy
- Fitness: FABS Flexibility, Aerobics, Balance, Strength)
- Efficacy of the HealthMatters program train–the-trainer model (2013). Beth Marks, Jasmina Sisirak, and Yen-Ching Chang
- Impact of the HealthMatters Train-the-Trainer Program on the Health and Health Behaviors of Staff Supporting Adults With Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2019). Beth Marks, Jasmina Sisirak, Yen-Ching Chang, and Ryan Murphy
HealthMatters™ Train the Trainer Webinar is an evidence-based 6-hour training provides structured information on how to organize and start a tailored physical activity and health education program for people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (I/DD) in community-based residential and day/vocational agencies. The training can enhance staff’s skills, knowledge, and abilities to work with persons who have disabilities to become more physically active, make healthy food choices, and incorporate healthy lifestyle into daily living.
People working with individuals who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. At least 3 team members per organization must attend the training.
- 1. Start and implement a 12-Week HealthMatters Program, physical activity and health education program,
- 2. Motivate and engage individuals with I/DD in a physical activity and health education,
- 3. Teach core concepts related to physical activity and nutrition,
- 4. Support individuals with I/DD to incorporate physical activity and healthy lifestyles into activities of daily living, and
- 5. Evaluate the effectiveness of your health promotion program.
Six (6) CEUs/CPEUs provided for Advance Practice Nurses, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LSW, LPC, LCPC), Licensed Dietitian Nutritionists (RD), Nursing Home Administrators, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professionals (QIDP), Speech Language Pathologists, and Illinois Teachers (CPDUs). Add extra $15 per person for CEUs.
$3500 for three-90 minute webinars for up to 100 participants. Please add $20/participant for materials. Health Matters Curriculum not included in the price.
This opportunity is FREE to organizations in Alaska, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, and Missouri.